What wedding cake should I choose
What Wedding cake Should I choose
What wedding cake should I choose? What choice of wedding cakes are there?
What wedding cake topper could I pick? What wedding cake designs are there?
What wedding cake decorations could I have?
Just some of the many questions you will be asking yourself over the next few months! Who'd have thought a wedding cake could be so complex! The reason you will be looking at these questions and find your wedding cake maker asking you - will be to ensure your cake is exactly what you want it to be on your wedding day.
The cake is central to the reception as it is often admired in the room as one of the wedding centerpieces, before you as the bride even arrives! The cutting of the cake with the ceremonial Wedding cake Knife and the inevitable wedding photographs will often include the cake for all the guests. So the cake design and the overall look of the wedding cake will stay with you forever.
Planning your wedding with SO many choices and decisions to make, for some people the most they’ve ever organized is a dinner party for 4, and now are expected to arrange a wedding day for 150 people!
The day can seem overwhelming, but there are many experts around that can help you and the more pre-planning you can do, the easier it will be as the date gets nearer.
Take a look here at some ‘job sharing ideas for ‘Newly Engaged ' giving you a wedding checklist to consider whilst also choosing your wedding guest list together!
Take a task at a time and enjoy each task along the way. This is the only time you’ll probably buy a Bridal magazine- so buy them all and enjoy the moment dreaming about your day.
Start to formulate a plan and pre-prepare as much as possible
1) Have one or two dates in mind for the marriage. Bear in mind – Bank holiday weekends get booked up quickly, Friday wedding venues are often cheaper
2) Think of the ‘vows’ how and where and approach the church/register office/ venue and pencil in the date you want.
3) How many guests (roughly jot down who you would plan to invite and check it out with family and friends) This will give you an approximate number
4) Search for a venue that can accommodate this number of guests, phone for availability and book an appointment to see 2 or 3 ideal venues to see the layout of the room and meet the wedding organizer.
5) Finally plan your wedding cake maker close to your venue. This reduces costs for you and allows maximum set up time on the day for your wedding cake maker. Arrange a taster session where the baker will discuss all styles available.
Understanding more about your wedding cake and for more ideas of wedding cakes and a checklist of tasks as a countdown to the wedding day take a look here
Some ideas to keep to your budget of your wedding cake
Some simple questions to ask yourself before commissioning a Wedding cake maker:-
1) How many servings do I need (the baker will advise on the size of cake once you know roughly the guest numbers you are inviting)
2) My style?- Traditional, Quirky and unusual, comical, rustic, personal items included
3) Cake as a centerpiece or as a dessert
4) Any allergies in the family
5) Flavours? More than one- traditional- Lemon, vanilla, Chocolate, red velvet or unusual and let baker suggest lemon and elderflower etc.
6) Venue location, date and approximate timing
Let us help you find your local baker
Once you have the plans in place each of the wedding suppliers will contact you nearer the time, they will have all taken deposits for securing the date and therefore will contact you for payments prior to the date, so take that time to focus on yourself! Your dress, your hair, your stag/hen do etc.
Remember- On the Day- everyone wants it to go smoothly for you, and all the experts will help this happen
So ENJOY YOUR DAY – and look back with fond memories!
The wedding cakes shown here were very kindly supplied by Anita in Swindon to demonstrate various styles available across the UK from our amazing bakers!